Why stay in Talkeetna
10 reasons to spend 2 – 3 nights in Talkeetna.
2. Mayah’s Riverboat Adventure – “Devils Canyon” is another “one in a lifetime”.
Mahay’s Devils Canyon
3. River Fishing
Phantom Tri-river Charters target=”_blank”
4. Run your own dog team @ Dallas Seavey’s – Dallas is a 5 time Iditarod winner.
AK Sled Dog Tours
5. ATV Ride to a “working homestead”.
Talkeetna ATV tour
6. Get an authentic look at an Alaska homestead and meet a team of sled dogs on this unique homestead tour.
the Flower Kennel and Homestead
7. Fairview Inn, Downtown Talkeetna – How many Inn’s in America serves a “last meal” to a sitting US President?
8. Talkeetna Historical Museum. Great exhibition on “climbing Denali”.
Talkeetna Historical Society
9. Hike the Talkeetna Lakes Trail System – Hike 1hr 20 min to 3.5 hrs. Beautiful, quite, great manicured trails (cross country ski trails in the winter).
X-Y Lake Trail
10. Fly out hiking with Alaska Bush Float Plane Service – Fly fish lake, talkeetna to Caribou lodge in the Talkeetna Range. 1/2 or full day of hiking, get picked up by the floatplane when done hiking.
Alaska Bush Float Plane Service